Thursday, February 23, 2006

Second attempt

Hmmm, just lost my first attempt, so if at first and all that ......

It really isn't as scary as I first said!! After all, it's only emailing but on a bit grander scale. And, because we are all tempted to read the last pages of the book to see how it turns out, I snuck a peek at the preview and found my "first attempt". So without any further ado ....

I wanted to make a diary about my friends and family that we can all share, edit together, laugh about, get opinionated about and even find some opinions from others that we can appreciate, or disagree with and even snigger about. So here goes!!

Can someone out there help with velcro on the arse???? sic; couch mango!! Totally lacking in motivation. Strangely enough - only physically!! I am so fervent in all my dreams and ideas but the road to hell ........ Let me get to the point: two friends are training for a 60K walk ...... yes 60K and I am very envious. Know in my mind and heart I could do the same but can't seem get off the couch/TV or the internet. Perhaps I can talk my way through it (with some thoughts and ideas from you!). Oh yes, I was getting to the point ........ THIS IS WHAT THIS BLOG IS ALL ABOUT ....... THE WALK TO FIGHT BREAST CANCER!! It takes place at the end of August so I need your help if I am to be part of it. Do you think that by committing to cyberspace I will actually do something about it. After all, verbalizing about it for the past six months hasn't changed a single thing! Desperate times call for desperate measures .....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this self doubt from the one person in my life whom I know can move mountains when she wants. Dust off those running shoes, dig deep to recover your stainless steel resolve and get out there - I will make you a deal - do the walk - I will be your first sponsor. Love, your number one Fan ADG.

Anonymous said...

You've always been there for me. Why would I ever think it would be any different!! Don't forget to click ... more than you want to .... and send to all your friends near and far around the global village and tell them to click ... for a cure for Bwest Cancer (as Lewis says)

Anonymous said...

GO FOR IT - it is what's up front that counts!

Anonymous said...

A voice from your past Fay.
If you really want to train for the walk, you can join my group who do 6-7 km each day. For you we would extend it to 10 km/day and then gradually increase as you see fit.
But I am outa town for the next three weeks but when I return we can start.
Where there is a will there is a way.
Regards, George

Anonymous said...

Hey George, certainly a blast from the past!! And, very appreciated. Talk in three weeks. Enjoy your trip and if you connect again to this blog .... don't forget to click on the ad.